As we enter the month of March, we’re continuing our 2023 “Year of Excellence” with gratitude and appreciation for the community’s support and interest in our Working Fusion at Mill Street village. We’re very delighted to share our village’s highlights, upcoming news, and volunteer needs with the Colorado Springs community through our NEW Volunteer Newsletter. Keep your eyes out for the next one in April!
- Celebrated our ribbon-cutting ceremony at our official grand opening!
- Successfully onboarded nine residents!
- In this New Year, we’ve onboarded three new volunteers as we continue to grow our supportive volunteer family. Welcome to the team Sam, Bernice, and Justin!
- Two of our residents won prestigious awards in the community!
- Our volunteer team provided support to the Mill Street neighborhood and our residents by hosting 12 Care & Share mobile markets.
- We completed the first phase of landscaping with the help of the Fusion Friday team.
Our 13th tiny home arrived at our village and shortly after, we moved in two new residents!
Thank you to our wonderful volunteer team for furnishing the new tiny homes and dropping off prepared meals to support our new residents’ transition to the Working Fusion at Mill Street village!
Volunteers Needed at Switchbacks:
We’re pleased to announce our continued partnership with Levy Restaurants at the Switchbacks stadium to participate in their 2023 Non-Profit Program for Volunteers!
We’re calling out to all interested volunteers as we’re in need of your help! Volunteers would need to complete two short training sessions prior to working concessions at the stadium. Our goal for the year is to generate a volunteer team of at least 5 amazing humans for every game/event. This incredible feat will be accomplished with your unwavering support and it will have a tremendously positive impact on the village! If interested, please contact Claire Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fusion Friday Volunteer Shifts:
Dust off your garden gloves and get excited about warmer weather! Our Fusion Friday volunteer shifts will be back every Friday from 9 am – 12 pm as soon as the weather warms up (approx. April or May).
It’s time to highlight one of our incredible volunteers and we couldn’t be more excited to introduce you to Kathy. You’ll find Kathy volunteering at our Care & Share mobile markets or waiting in line to gather food for our residents. She has also taken a major role in raising money for our village by supporting our partnership with Levy Restaurants by working concessions at the Switchbacks stadium this season. Thank you, Kathy! We can’t put into words how impactful your support towards our village has been and will be.